A popular Thai stir- fried spinach dish. The water spinach is known as Phak Bung, Morning Glory or in Chinese as Ong Choi. It appearance is with long thin stalks and leafy tops. Freshly available in store with other authentic exotic herbs and vegetables.
Cooking Time: 40m
- 1.5 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon yellow bean sauce
- Pinch of sugar
- 1.5 tablespoon Rapeseed oil
- 2-3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 350g Water Spinach, cut into 2inch lengths
- 1 red bird eye chilli, slightly crushed or de- seeded (optional)
Mix the oyster sauce, fish sauce, yellow bean sauce and sugar in a small mixing bowl.
Heat the oil in a wok or a frying pan and stir-fry the garlic over medium heat or until light brown in colour.
Increase the heat to very high, add the stalks of the Water Spinach and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes.
Add the leaves of the Water Spinach, the sauce mixture and the chillies quick stir fry for further 1-2 minutes.
Serve with fresh, fragrant Jasmin rice.